This recipe is healthy & delicious! Sorry I do not have a photo of it just yet, but it looks pretty much like this & this when cooked.
1 Pkg (475 g) Ricotta Cheese
1 Pkg (300 g) Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed & well drained
1 Cup (250 ml) Primo 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1 Tsp (5 ml) Dried Basil
1/2 Tsp (2 ml) Salt
1/4 Tsp (1 ml) Pepper
20-24 Primo Oven Ready Cannelloni
1 Can (680 ml) Primo Thick & Zesty Original Pasta Sauce
1. In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, spinach, egg, 1/2 cup (125 ml) Primo Parmesan cheese, basil, salt & pepper. Mix well.
2. Fill cannelloni with spinach mixture.
3. Spread 1/2 cup (125 ml) pasta sauce on bottom of 13 x 9 x 2" (33 x 23 x 5 cm) baking pan.
4. Arrange stuffed cannelloni in single layer & cover with remaining sauce, making sure to cover all pasta.
5. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
6. Cover with foil & bake at 350 F (180 C) for 45 minutes or until tender.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Preparation time: 25 minutes.
-The bottom of the cannelloni tends to get dry so I think more than 1/2 cup sauce is a good idea.
- My other idea is to spray some oil on the bottom of the pan, which I havent tried yet but will definitely try next time.
- Sometimes the top of the cannelonni will be a little watery after the baking time, so to avoid this, check it periodically & if needed take off the foil toward the end of the baking time so the water can evaporate more quickly.
- If you like mozzerella cheese better than ricotta, you can use less ricotta & substitute that amount with mozzerella.
7 months ago