1. My family is from Terçiera, Portugal in the Azores. I have been there 4 times in my life, but I have never set foot on the mainland (something I will do some day).
An areal view of the Island2. When my sister & I were younger, we were asked to be on Tiny Talent Time to play piano but we were too shy & didn't do it. I did, however, win an award at a piano concert for being a good student!
My sister & I in front of our piano (I'm the little one)
3. I love camping. It's in my blood. I haven't camped in 2 summers & it just kills me.
The sunset at Oastler Lake Provincial Park
4. I'm 29 years old & have no idea how that happened. My boyfriend, on the other hand is a whopping 4 years younger than me! (I used to scoff at dating guys even 6 months younger than me).
LOL..bf hiding behind a Jar Jar Binks frisbee after we carved our Halloween pumpkin
5. I work at a University, in Copyright. I enjoy it but don't see myself doing that for too much longer.
6. I never finished my Bachelor of Arts in Sociology. I just started taking classes toward completing it & I am sooo excited.
Some Geese at the place where I work & study. I practically live here!
7. I'm afraid of the dark. I live alone so unless someone is sleeping over, I always leave my bedside lamp on (the light is annoying but it's better than being scared).
8. I'm borderline obsessed with mixing nail polish colours to make new & more exciting colours. It's a very hit & miss hobby. This is my latest creation. At first I hated it but now I feel lukewarm toward it.
The polish has started to chip off a bit..
9. I'm a perfectionist / procrastinator. If something isn't perfect, I tend to let it fall apart. This explains why my condo is either meticulously clean & tidy or looks like the aftermath of a hurricane. I'm trying to become more balanced :)
10. I'm hyper self-aware. This can be a complete curse or a total blessing. I usually feel like it's a curse but if I could change it, I don't think I would.
I hope you enjoyed the 10 random things about me!